Rações Valouro's Social Responsibility is deep-seated in the local communities where is settled, with the view to contribute for their growth. Valouro belives in order to build a better society must improve people's lifes. Making social and financial contributions aimed at issues as: education / training , preserving the ecosystem and supporting the most unprotected “fringes” of the community: people with disabilities, with health problems and the elderly.
Investing in people, who live in the areas surrounding the Valouro’s facilities, with some of concrete actions such as:
- Support as many curricular internships as possible, in several areas namely: nutrition, quality control, management… among others.
- Supporting research activities with residential internships or through partnerships with schools as: Fernando Barros Leal Agricultural Professional School (Runa), Madeira Torres Secondary School (Torres Vedras), universities and polytechnic institutes, technical and other professional schools.
- Personal involvement in campaigns such as:
- Promoting actions within Healthcare Public System by promoting actions for blood donations or bone marrow screening;
- stimulating gathering of bottle pet caps for humanitarian purposes
Rações Valouro gives financial support to the following Social Solidarity Institutions:
- AHB Santiago do Cacém
- Associação Cultural da Marteleira
- Associação Cultural, Recreativa e Desportiva da Abrunheira
- APAPECIL – Associação De Amor Educação Cidadãos Inadaptados da Lourinhã
- APADP – Associação de Pais de Deficientes Profundos
- Associação Portuguesa dos Amigos Raoul Follereau
- APEDV – Associação Promotora de Emprego de Deficientes Visuais
- Bombeiros Voluntários da Lourinhã
- Casa do Povo da Lourinhã
- Hóquei Clube da Lourinhã
- Liga Portuguesa Contra o Cancro
- Santa Casa da Misericórdia da Marteleira
- Sociedade Filarmónica Aldeia Grande
- Sport Clube União Torrense
- UDO - União Desportiva do Oeste (Trofeu Joaquim Agostinho)
- União Sport Club Santiago do Cacém
- União de Freguesias Aljustrel e Rio Moínhos
Rações Valouro's Social Responsibility is also closely linked to ethical and transparent management with its stakeholders and, therefore, we also want to give a voice to our customers and employees, to help us improve our service and products.